Our lawyers are recognised for their exceptional understanding of the Australian regulatory environment and positive working relationships with key regulators and industry bodies.
Whittens is highly experienced in advising both private and public companies on corporate governance matters including:
- board composition and structure;
- director statutory and fiduciary duties;
- management compensation and employee incentive programs;
- governance related disclosure;
- related party transactions;
- avoidance of insider trading; and
- other regulatory matters such as those involving ASIC, FIRB, APRA and stock exchange listing rule requirements.
Our team works strategically with individual directors, full boards of directors, board committees, CEOs and other executive officers to facilitate efficient, effective and legally compliant management. We assist in the day-to-day operations of running public companies such as reporting requirements, managing disclosures and attending to lodgement of announcements and statutory filings.
We also assist shareholders, including both institutional and private investors, in obtaining accountability from their directors and in changing management where necessary.